Address: Via Bonardi 9 – Building 14 (Nave) , floor -1
Carlotta Caciagli is currently a research fellow at the department of Urban Studies (Dastu) of Politecnico (Milan), within the program “Vulnerable Territories”. Previously she has been a research fellow at Luiss-Guido Carli of Rome. She holds a Phd in Political Science at Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa. Her main interests concern political participation and urban studies. Her researches focused on social movements and housing policies. Particularly, she is interested in studying the urban processes under the rooting of digital capitalism and gig economy and the socio-spatial segregations in contemporary cities. Among papers on international academic journals, she is also the co-editor of the collective volume “Popolo Chi? Classi popolari, perfierie e politiche in Italia” edited by Eddiesse.
- Chesta, R.E., L. Zamponi and C. Caciagli (2019) “Labour activism and social movement unionism in the gig economy: Food delivery workers’struggles in Italy”. Partecipazione e Conflitto 3: 819-844
- Caciagli, C. (2019) “Housing squats as “Educational Sites of Resistance”: The Process of Movement Social Base Formation in the Struggle for the House”. Antipode –A Journal of Radical Geography. 3: 730-749.
- Grazioli, M. and C. Caciagli (2018) “Resisting to the neo-liberal urban fabric: Housing right Movements and the re-appropriation of the ‘right to the city’ in Rome, Italy”. Voluntas-International Journal of Voluntary and No Profit Organizations 4: 697-711.
- Caciagli, C. and M. Grazioli (2017) “The right to (stay put in) the city: The case of Porto Fluviale in Rome”, U3-Quaderni di Urbanistica, 13.5.
- Caciagli, C. (2016) “La questione Abitativa a Roma: Politiche di Emergenza e azioni collettiva” Urbanit II-Il Mulino
- Caciagli, C. (accepted by the publisher and scheduled for 2021) I movimenti Urbani. Teorie e Problemi. Lessico Democratico, Mondadori, Roma.
- Bertuzzi, N., C. Caciagli, L. Caruso (2019) (eds.) Popolo chi? Classi Popolari, periferie e politiche in Italia. Roma: Eddiesse.
- Caciagli, C. (2018) Review of “The urban politics of squatters’movements” edited by Martinez Lopez M.A., Palgrave. In Partecipazione e Conflitto2: 599-606.
- Caciagli, C. (2018) (unpublished work) Practices of resistance in the housing struggle in Rome: a spatial and strategic approach. An ethnographical research, PhD Thesis, SNS, Florence.
- Caciagli, C. (2019) “Al ballo senza invito: la partecipazione conflittuale” in G. Allegretti, L. Fasano and M. Sorice (eds.), Politica oltre la Politica: Civismo vs Autoritarismo Fondazione Giangiacomo Feltrinelli, Milano.
- Caciagli, C. (2018) “La casa a Roma fra le rivendicazioni dei movimenti e l’approccio istituzionale” in A.V. (eds.), Politiche urbane per Roma: le sfide di una capitale debole., Edizioni La Sapienza, Roma.